Dental News of the Weird
– A Staten Island woman has been accused of stealing more than $840 worth of teeth-whitening products from a local CVS, then pushing store personnel who confronted her.
Wow. She must have really felt bad about her smile!
– Indiana resident Christopher Crist recently went to the dentist to have three painful teeth removed. When he awoke from the procedure, he found that not only were those three teeth gone, but ALL of his teeth had been pulled.
“They pulled every last one of them,” he said. “I am going to look like a freak now.”
It’s unclear how the mix-up occurred, but legal action is currently being pursued.
– Most people know that soda isn’t good for their teeth, and that information has been related to the public by doctors and dental professionals a million times. But sometimes, a picture is worth more than words. Thanks to Biltmore Commons Dental of Phoenix, AZ for this great graphic!
Image credit: Biltmore Commons Dental
– Did you know that some babies are actually born with teeth? It’s a condition referred to as “natal teeth” and occurs once in every 2000 births. Natal teeth can be removed at the parents’ request, as they can actually be dangerous and a choking hazard.
“They’re very wobbly in the gums, they have a very under developed root on them, and they can be so loose that they can actually be lost and if we don’t catch them they can be swallowed or even worse they can be aspirated into the lungs which is a true emergency,” says pediatric dentist Dr. David Bailey.
– Dr. Shannon Norman-Kotre, Ann Arbor Dentist