- Nearly 40,000 Americans will be diagnosed with oral or pharyngeal cancer this year.
- It will cause over 8,000 deaths, killing roughly 1 person per hour, 24 hours per day.
- Of those 40,000 newly diagnosed individuals, only slightly more than half will be alive in 5 years (approximately 57%).
- The mortality rate for oral cancer has not significantly improved in decades.
- The death rate for oral cancer is higher than that of cancers which we hear about routinely such as cervical cancer, testicular cancer, and skin cancer.
Early detection is the key to successful outcomes after oral cancer diagnoses. Concerned about oral cancer? We are happy to answer any questions you may have; just give us a call at 734-677-2156.